Saturday, 13 June 2015
The Pangkor Laut Resort has earned superlatives and rightfully so, as this writer finds out the second time around.
By S.S. Yoga
This place is half-way to heaven, I said to my travelling companions, and they agreed. Imagine my delight when I found out that heaven was within reach! Yes, a god, a football god, deigned to appear before us mere mortals who happened to be at YTL's Pangkor Laut Resort one recent weekend. Eric Cantona, the former Manchester United player (and eternal legend), appeared from the heavens in a helicopter and was transported to his earthly abode, the Pavarotti Suite. How appropriate, since the late tenor after which this suite was named did pronounce this resort in Perak paradise.
|Toll Highways map|
Toll Kajang-Seremban highway (Lekas)
Rate: RM 1.43
Toll Damansara-Puchong Expressway (LDP)
Rate: RM 2.08
Toll Shah Alam Highway (Kesasa)
Rate: RM 2.60
Toll Cheras-Kajang Highway
Rate: RM 1.30
Toll Sungai Besi Highway (Besraya)
Rate: RM 1.69
Toll New Pantai Expressway (NPE)
Rate: RM 2.08
Toll South Klang Valley Expressway (SKVE)
Rate: RM 19.45 sen/Km
Toll Kajang Highway (Silk)
Rate: RM 1.30
Toll Duta-Ulu Kelang Expressway (DUKE)
Rate: RM 2.60
Toll Maju Expressway (MEX)
Rate: RM 3.25
Toll Ampang-Kuala Lumpur Elavated Highway (AKLEH)
Saturday, 18 October 2014
The Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) Museum located at the Kuala Lumpur Air Base in Sungai Besi. The museum was officially opened on June 1, 1985.
The hangar was converted into a museum that housed several aircraft that were no longer in service.
A chain have been put around the planes located outside the hanger.
The first aircraft to greet visitors at the field was the Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer FM1001 - named 'Lang Rajawali' by Malaysia's first Prime Minister, Tunku Abdul Rahman.
The first aircraft acquired for the No 1 Squadron. In the blogs, it was revealed the people could sit in the cockpits of the aircraft to get a glimpse of how it was to be in the pilot's seat.
However, only one aircraft out of the few located on the field had stairs to allow the public to climb in and check out the interior.
There was not much history stated on all the planes except technical specifications such as the capacity, length and maximum speed.
In the hangar, people are allow to sit in the cockpit of the first plane on the left but the real cockpit was replaced with a fake terminal.
Friday, 17 October 2014
1) Tun Hussein Onn Eye Hospital
- (From Shah Alam) Exit through Utara flyover. Keep left on Jalan Utara towards Lorong Utara B to the hospital.
- (From Kuala Exit through Utara flyover. Same route as from Shah Alam.
- (From Shah Alam) Exit through Utara flyover- through Jalan Utara turn left towards Jalan Semangat- turn right to Jalan Kemajuan- turn right to Jalan Universlti and head t0 PPUM.
- (From Kuala Lumpur) Exit through Jalan Universiti flyover- turn right to Jalan Universiti and head to PPUM.
- (From Shah Exit through Timur flyover towards Jalan Timur- Persiaran Barat turn right to Amcorp Mall or go straight and turn left to LRT Taman )aya
- (From Kuala Lumpur) Exit through Jalan Timur head to Persiaran Barat and exit right to Amcorp Mall or go straight and turn left LRT Taman Jaya.
- (From Shah Exit through Timur flyover and keep right- from Jalan Timur head to Jalan Sultan and turn left to Jalan Tengah and head to MBPJ Tower.
- (From Kuala Lumpur) Exit through Timur flyover' turn left at Jalan Timur (same direction as from Shah Alam)
- (From Shah Alam) ~ Exit through Timur flyover- from Jalan Timur exit right to Jalan Sultan and enter right to Lorong Produktiviti.
- (From Kuala Lumpur)o Exlt through Jalan Timur, wxit right to Jalan Sultan and turn right to Lorong Produktivit.
6) Dewan Sivik/ MBPJ headquarters
- (From Shah Alam)~ Exit through Timur flyover, from Jalan Timur head to Jalan Selangor- Jalan Yong Shook Lin and turn left to MBPJ headquarters or exit to Jalan Templer- from Penchala roundabout to Jalan Templer head to Assunta roundabout turn right to Jalan Selangor exit left to Jalan Yong Shook Lin and turn right to Dewan Sivik
- (From Kuala Lumpur) Exit Timur flyover- from Jalan Timur head to Jalan Selangor from jalan Yong Shook Lìn turn left to Dewan Sivik/ MBPJ headquarters or exit to Jalan Gasing- Jalan Changgai- towards Jalan Sultan roundabout exit left to Jalan Selangor- from Jalan Yong Shook Lin turn left head to Dewan Sivik or MBPJ headquarters.
7) Ibu Pejabat Polis Daerah Petaling Jaya (IPD PJ)
- (From Shah Alaml- From Federal Highway exit to Jalan Templer turn left to Jalan Sg Air Jernih traffic light iunction- turn right to IPD PJ.
- (From Kuala Lumpur) Federal Highway exit through Jalan Templer. Exit through Timur flyover» pass Jalan Timur to Jalan Sultan- towards Jalan Penchala to IPDPJ.
8) PJ HILTON
- (From Shah Alam)~ Exit through Timur flyover to Jalan Timur- head to Persiaran Barat Jaian Barat and turn right to the hotel or from Jalan Timur head towards Jalan Sultan to Jalan Barat and turn right to the hotel.
- (From Kuala Lumpur) Exit to Jalan Timur» Persiaran Barat -Jalan Barat and exit right to the hotel.
Sunday, 12 October 2014
HotelUptown Imperial Hotel
No 41, Jalan Ria 1, Kawasan Perniagaan Ria, 43000 Kajang, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Telephone: 603-8724-2887, 603-8724-0887, 603-8724-4887
The Uptown Imperial Hotel Offers 70 spacious guestrooms included 8 stylish suites, combining a passion for modern design and innovation with contemporary living. All guestrooms has standard facilities such as air-conditioning, safety box, LCD, free internet access and more...